RE: What's Up?

To: "'Richard Fox'" <v4gr@rcn.com>, "'Nafzger'" <nafzger@vtc.net>,
Subject: RE: What's Up?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:50:26 -0600
Rich;

I guess you kept the Indian uprisings under control-- or at least it didn't
make the newspapers.

I was an instructor in the Corporal missile ground guidance electronics
system at the Ordnance Guided Missile School at Redstone Arsenal
(Huntsville, AL) when the wall went up. I was on leave in Corpus Christi
when I got a telegram to report immediately for transport to Germany. We
were under- strength in some of our missile units and I think they looked at
the instructor list and took the first two guys alphabetically, Albaugh (me)
and Brummett. I had gone to high school in Germany-- graduated from
Frankfurt American High School in '57-- so it was all pretty familiar to me
except back then the Soviets were involved in putting down the Hungarian
Revolution with their tanks. Lots of refugees made it to the West from
Hungary & Czhecoslavakia to get away from Communisim.

Regards,  Neil   Tucson, AZ