Re: Young Blood

To: joetimney@dol.net
Subject: Re: Young Blood
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:27:29 -0500
Hi Joe,
I noticed hardware like this;
http://www.cachassisworks.com/
(clevis kits etc.) that they state is NHRA legal.
Another site showed removeable cross-bars for back-seat access.

I looked through the SCTA rule-book and saw no mention, other than a reference
bolted structures.
That's why I'm asking now, as it applies to getting people in with cars that
they might

not want to totally dedicate to racing.
No criticism of the rule-book; over-all it is great; clear and thorough.
I don't know if this needs a specific ruling or if an acceptance of NHRA
approval etc.
would be better.

BTW; the comments about stereos etc. was more a complement to the ones who took
the
safety and engineering seriously, than a slight against any others.  We need
enthusiasts coming from everywhere.  It may be the market created by the
poseurs that
funds the racing and media coverage that benefits the 'purists'...
Cheers,
Rick
('...was then I knew I'd had enough...burned my credit card for fuel...out to
where the

pavement turns to sand...'  Neil Young.... words to live by, though it could be
about a

guy maxing out his card for parts, to run in F/alt class...in which case it
should be
'salt' not 'sand' ;-)