Re: Young Blood

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, Nt788@aol.com, basavage@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: Young Blood
From: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:51:01 -0800 (PST)
 Dick
You just brought back some old memorys that I hadn't thought of for a long
time. In 1957-8 I was that guy with the green flag on a stick every Saturday at
our local drag strip in Ames, Iowa.
  Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com> wrote: Yeah, let's face it. "Import Kids" are just
this
generation's version of us and the kids around us
when we were that age. What? Race on the
street?Heaven forbid! Loud tin can exhausts and
booming stereos? Kinda like David Melton in his
powerglide, 2bbl 265 CID brown on tan 56 Chev
four door with one Smithy but a radio that would
pick up that distant station that played all the
Buddie Holly stuff? No tree? Huh. When I was
that age, the local drag strip didn't have a tree
either. The main difference was on Friday night,
the flagman used his handkerchief. On Saturday,
he used a green flag on a stick! Come to think of
it, it was the same guy!!! If we had good steros
back in the fifties, we'd have just heard a
better quality of Buddy Holly, Elvis, and the
Rightious Brothers.

They are just kids, like we were. Some of them
want good music, some of them want a different
look, and some of them want speed and
performance.

Look back and we are them. Look forward and they
are us. Like it or not.

Dick J

--- Nt788@aol.com wrote:
> Import "kids" race on the street and ditch the
> cops buy using their cell
> phones, kinda like I used to do without a cell
> phone. Also they don't use a
> "tree," like I used to! They don't have to
> reach media hero status to have
> fun either. Jack
http://personals.yahoo.com
Find the one for you at Yahoo! Personals.