Re: young blood

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>,
Subject: Re: young blood
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:46:59 -0800 (PST)
--- DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com> wrote:
> Oh, I remember those days. I can remember that
> one Saturday night in the
> summer of my youth around midnight or a tad
> later, driving from one end of
> Santa MAria, CA to the other with the headers
> open, going against I don't
> remember what from light to light. In my
> Sunbeam Tiger (400 hp at the time).
> Never saw a cop nor nothing. LUCKY!

Yes, Mayf, that was LUCKY!  I remember cruising
around in my dad's Chrysler 300C.  One night I
did a little street racing and blew a guy off
about two miles past the A&W.  He turned down a
side residential street, and young and stupid me,
I stayed on the highway.  About three minutes
later I spot this blinking red light two cars
back.  Knowing, without a shadow of a doubt, that
it was for me, and knowing, without a shadow of
that same doubt that there wasn't a police car
within a hundred miles that could stay with that
big hemi, I decided to run for it.  I covered
about forty or fifty miles of highway at speeds
way, way above 100 mph, touching in the 140s a
few times.  Sure 'nuff, no red light to be seen,
so I cruised back to the A&W to brag on my great
prowess.  About 1:00 AM I headed for home, and
turned off the headlights as I rounded the turn
into the driveway.  My jaw dropped and my heart
stopped when, in the darkness, I saw my dad and
the sheriff sitting in lawn chairs having a
couple of beers.  I got my license back six
months later!

Dick J