Re: Hemi vs Ford & Chev Controversy

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hemi vs Ford & Chev Controversy
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:02:09 EST
Group,
    I don't know if my little Ardun hemi is relevant to this discussion, but
my experience has been that the hemi is "so-so" on normally aspirated gas and
alky, wakes up a lot when some nitro is added, likes 15-20 psi blower
pressure on top of the alky even more, and is deleriously happy with about
15% nitro combined with the high blower boost.
    When we ran normally aspirated nitro it didn't do much until the
percentage got to about 65%. From there on up to about 80% the performance
increases were dramatic.
    We ran 12.5:1 pistons normally aspirated on gas and fuel, and 8:1 pistons
with the blower.
    The normally aspirated motor is 294ci and the blower-motor is
258ci.................Ardun Doug King