Happy New Year

To: "LSR list \(E-mail\)" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Happy New Year
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:35:32 -0500
To one and all, but first and foremost Howard, recovering so he can go
racing again, but also to everyone else I've met and come to respect in my
initial year of land speed racing:

First of all, Howard, send me your address so Nancy and I can send you a
card (in the mail) to wish you well.  Excuse me, others, if I've wished you
the similar greetings, but Mr. Nafzger gets first greetings right now after
I've seen the pain he's endured.  I only can wish the same (or better!!!)
treatment if I'm ever in his place.  We'd all make it through with his
perseverance.

Happy New year to the rest of you, all of my new friends.  I thank you for
helping me live the dream of a guy that wants to go fast with a motorcycle.
Jim O., Doug M., Team Amo, Rick Y, Jim at 4&6 Racing, and on and on and on:

Keep an eye open for my hiney, please!  I'm gonna do my damndest to show it
to you in 2002.  Try to show me yours -- I want to have the best record out
there!  Damn, this is fun!

Last:  We all lost loved ones in 2001, whether on the 11th September or on
some other date.  The flags on my bike, and on the deck at home, are always
there to proclaim the country where I live.  I've flown the flag daily for
something like thirty-five years - respecting my dad, Keith, and everyone
else, too.  That's the best I can do.  Thank you, one and all.

Happy New Year.  Drive fast and (don't) swerve a lot!  It keeps 'em
guessing. . .

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)