Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes

To: "Gary Perkinson" <gfp61@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 08:54:43 -0600
At 08:28 PM 1/1/02 -0500, Gary Perkinson wrote:
>Bill:
>
>Thanks for the specs. They're good to know, because what I'd really like to do
>first is to build a big-block chevy from the ground up, and I was curious as
>to what sort of HP to speed ratios are common on the salt. The Olds Cutlass I
>ran in Super Gas had a 468 in it, but it had a lot of runs on it and it was
>pushing a pretty heavy car. I would think that lakesters are comparatively
>lighter, so it seems to me (as you obviously demonstrated) that something like
>a naturally aspirated 502 with the right set of heads would put a lakester in
>the 200's (or was your car blown?)
>
>Gary

Hi Gary,
For a data-point:
We ran 271 at the end of the 5 mile at Bonneville this summer with the
lakester and a BBC that dyno'd at 825 hp. @ 6500 ft density altitude. As an
aside, weight is not nearly as important to accelleration at the salt as it
is at the drags. Traction is, however, very important. Especially in the
first two miles.
Skip

www.pro-blend.com