Re: Bonneville

To: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Subject: Re: Bonneville
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:36:20 -0700
Scott, I dont think anyone here has complained about what
Bonneville is RIGHT now, and how it has been, that is the
ironic thing (to me), everyone talks passionately about
what an awesome experience Bonneville is

life is good

Bonneville is great

the current media is great
 (except it is not big enough for some,  may make more money if it grew
by leaps
and bounds)

Bonneville is great because of the people there,
those who have been coming, AND those who
are NEW

The salt is a precious commodity, it is tough to get 1-3 good
courses a year, because of the condition of the salt, and the natural
restrictions imposed by mother nature, so these opportunities
to race are governed between Aug and Oct, with Oct having
around a 50% rainout history, so Aug and Sept offer the greatest
chances, with 3-4 weeks needed between events for the  1 o2
2 practical spots that can serve as a course to heal, Bonneville racing
is limited, like it or not

everyone loves Bonneville as it currently exists, from a racing standpoint
and the experience of the people involved

the lines are a little longer during the first half of the week, oh well,
the last half of the week, you can make as many runs as you can
muster without delay,  Sept and Oct are perfect for those who
want shorter lines

if it aint broke dont fix it, is the feeling of many,  right now, anyone
who
wants to come can do so, and are WELCOME

Joe