Re: Test Ride?

To: QuikslvrJ@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Test Ride?
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:13:29 -0500 (EST)
Very interesting comments, Josh, after 45 years and still doing 8-9K
miles a year, it is very true that motorcycling is somewhat like flying
a plane, minus the regimentation.  You always have to be alert.  And I
agree that as with flying, it takes a lot of seat time to begin to be
fully competent.  With a bike maybe even 20 or 30K or more miles for a
thinking rider, who's studied the Hurt Report.

When I was a kid with a Vincent, we always said it was impossible to
have too much power.  You indicate that today's big sportbikes have "too
much".  If they weighed 300 lbs instead of 400-500+ they would be much
easier to control, hence safer.  Effortless controllable power is fun,
but since today's 250 Ninja has all the performance of the Britbikes of
the '50s (not including the Vincent), is only 300 lbs, is more
comfortable than they were, and handles and brakes better, that's what I
ride today.  It's very inexpensive, as well.

Cheers, Ardun Bill, Chesapeake, VA