Re: Dry Spray lubricant's?

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dry Spray lubricant's?
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:25:43 -0500
Rather than some kind of lubricant. Why not have the gears coated. We use
different kinds of coatings on our tooling at work sure does help with tool
life. Don't know what a new set of gears cost you, but the cost of coating
might be about equal plus longer life. As for the soap idea, hey that's not
to far off! We use to use what amounted to dish washing liquid and water to
lubricate stainless steel conveyors for glass bottles. This stuff is real
slippery when wet and doesn't take much to make a film. Just if it dries, it
is hard as a rock and you will have to wet it good to break it lose.

Bill