Re: poll

To: glen barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: poll
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:40:41 -0800 (PST)
 I perceived this poll as a point of curiosity - not something that was going
to be binding or change the world. Just a casual "what if?"  I figure the
volutneers who put the present meets on are already stretched as thin as
possible.  Never-the-less, I voted Aye, and not because I would run every meet.
 In fact, I'm not interested in running more than one meet a year - - too many
races gets too much like work and takes all the fun out of it for me.  But, in
the best of all worlds, there would just happen to be a meet scheduled when I
had vacation, when my daughter was out of school, when my wife wasn't planning
on visiting her sister in Ohio, when my car was running right, when, ..... . .
. . . . and I would be able to make one race without somebody in the family
having to sacrefice anything. No matter when I decided to race, there would be
a race available.  I was merely thinking - - more to choose from.   Do I think
it's fair to ask these guys to schedule another meet - - hell no.  I can't
believe they are doing all that they are!  They are doing all that should be
asked of any enthusiast. Do I think there will be more meets? Probably not, and
I sympathize with those making it happen and am thankful for what they are
doing.  I'd have to say I would be happy if there was only one meet a year.
The lines would be getting kinda long, and there would sure be less runs, but
hey, that's better than no lines and no runs at all (as in no racing at all.)
From my perspective, things are pretty good. I'm happy like a big ol bullfrog
sittin on a log in the sun.
SCTA - ECTA - USFRA, my sincerest thanks to you for what you are doing!
Dick J