Re: Tires

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>, gary baker <lsr350@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:13:23 -0500
But what you describe is an aero function.  Is it then a square or cube of
the speed?  (I always thought the rolling resistance is linear).  Based on
your description, air management around that tire, ground contact patch and
an area directly in front of it would be in order.  What, in the case of a
liner would be most appropriate.  Academically of course.  :=D
My first thoughts would be shaped like Vescos have done on almost all the
bodies they have run.  I think Fred Larson, and Al Teague have roughly the
same shape, as the body nears the ground plane.  All are very successful
cars  with very tough records.  Thoughts anyone.

Rick Byrnes
Sticking my head out of the garage once in a while.
I'm having fun working on this new hot rod.  Progress is slow, but I am
happy with the work so far.