Re: Static knowledge..

To: Robert Jepson <robere@xensei.com>
Subject: Re: Static knowledge..
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 15:42:25 -0800
Bob,

I have been wondering for years about the potential of the wheels on a car
being a source for ESD/EMI at Bonneville.
We have a tire on a metal wheel attached to the car. Lets say it's 26 inches
turning 2000 RPM. It's enclosed on both sides and for about 300 degrees.
Also filling the wheel well is a mix of air and wet salt.
I have always assumed that this could generate enough juice to cause problems
with electronics that were not properly bonded and shielded.
What do you think?
What effect would the wheel well material have?

Thanks,
Bryan Savage