Street Roadster record

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Street Roadster record
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 05:25:25 -0800
List,

I think the car that Doug & Jim are discussing is the Lange & Stirnemann
D/BStR, SBC with blow thru turbos. Original, all steel '32 highboy. New record
at 203+.

As far as being street driven, Jack Stirnemann did indeed drive the car to the
end of the road to load it in the trailer. The plan was to drive it either to
Pleasanton or home to St. Louis. I don't think either trip happened though.

For all who are curious - yes - they did follow all procedures to qualify &
set the record. It can be done without all the drama.

Dan W