Re: Street Roadster record

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, "Rick Hammond" <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Street Roadster record
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 07:23:12 -0700
I plumbed an electric fuel pump in parallel to the mechanical hilborn pump,
through a check valve and up to the T by the barrel valve.  This allows me
to prime the dry system with fuel until the mech. pump catches up, then I
shut off the electric pump.  It also allows the tank to be verified as empty
by simply disconnecting one line.  Also it helps in tuning, If I'm shootin'
ducks I can hit the switch and it will richen the mixture and I'll know that
I need more fuel; conversely if it makes it worse then I need to go to a
bigger pill.