Re: Street Roadster record

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Roadster record
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:13:47 EST
In a message dated 3/26/2002 5:37:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
r.hammond@sympatico.ca writes:

> Hi Dan,
> On that question, has anybody plumbed in a drain valve for their gas tank?
> Can
> that be done for a cell as well?
> Of course it has to be safe and positive, but especially with occasionally
> driven
> cars, it seems to make sense even for draining any contaminants etc.
> Cheers,

Rick,
    Fuel cells usually have a couple of places for bulkhead fittings on the
bottom. In my case they are taken up by the #12 tank outlet and the #6 return
line for the shutoff and bypass pill return. It's a simple matter, however,
to insert a capped-off tee into either the suction or pressure bypass to use
when draining the tank. In my car we just use a hardware store laquer thinner
hand pump and suck as much out as we can...........Ardun Doug King