Traction Control

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Traction Control
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:21:56 -0400
Teams Warned Against the use of Traction Control: NASCAR President Mike Helton
offered a stern warning to Winston Cup drivers and crew chiefs during their
pre-race meeting Sunday about use of traction-control devices. Helton held up
two such devices used to prevent cars from spinning their rear wheels exiting
turns as examples of what are available for purchase. Helton said, however,
NASCAR will not tolerate their use. "Everybody, I think, understands our rules
and regulations in regards to traction control. In an effort to police that,
we have spent a lot of time and money buying parts and pieces you've been
offered so we can figure out what to look for," he said. "There's not much we
can do to the people who manufacture these things to try to get around the
rules. It's the crew chiefs and drivers we will react to when we find these or
if we ever find these in a car."

Although not said here it seems like NASCAR maybe having a problem policing
this issue, and they have spent a bucket full of money trying to stay ahead of
the situation.

I aint fer or agin it, just curyus how it plays out for us Bonnyvillians.

JB