Re: Traction Control

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
 I can envision all kinds of weird things happening on the track if the crew
chief dials the wrong number, or if two guys just happen to use the same
frequencies for their wireless sensor transmitters.
Dick J
  Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net> wrote: If I were going to do anything like
this not that i would LOL.. :>) You might do
it a couple of different ways. First is easiest. Put a 3 axis accelerometer
along with a micro processor in the box that hooks to the msd. Read rpm, g's and
calculate rate of rpm rise. From there you can have the track mapped in memory
for limits on rpm rate of rise vs g's lateral and longitudinal. The second
tougher way but not much tougher would be to have wheel speed sensors in some
innocuous place like the brake caliper with a wireless network broadcasting data
to the box and add that data to the equation. you limit slip with the rev
limiter or by controlling ignition timing. I still like the cell phone
interface, thinking way outside the box. Reminds me of the garage door opener to
run the nitrous hidden in the frame rail :>)...
Dave