What Next (non-LSR)

To: Nt788@aol.com, v4gr@rcn.com, land-speed@autox.team.net, beeind@pacbell.net,
Subject: What Next (non-LSR)
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:44:27 -0700 (PDT)
 << I was telling a young lady that the phrase "Under God" wasn't in the pledge
when I learned it.
I clearly remember when that happened.  I was in junior high school at the
time.  We all had to write a paper, and then read it to the class, on how we
felt about the change.  The vast majority of the papers revolved around the
concept that: "The old Pledge of Allegiance was pretty good the way it was.
Besides, Why bother adding stuff about God when the very next thing we do every
morning is to recite The Lord's Prayer?"  That was how the mind of twelve year
olds worked back then.  I guess that perspective on the situation cannot be
applied these days.
Dick J