RE: starting motorcycles

To: "'john robinson'" <john@engr.wisc.edu>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: starting motorcycles
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:26:44 -0700
Ouch, I hate when that happens!  The bike I had that liked to do that the
most was a 501 Maico I had set up for TT's.  I'd never get near the starter
of that one without full motocross boots.  (FUN bike though!)

One of the mechanics here races 250 GP & Superbike, I'll ask him about them.
Maybe there's something on the net you might be able to plagiarize.

Dale C.

                Subject:        starting motorcycles

                Howdy, well I been doing it the old way, kickstarting a BSA
441 single, @ 12-1 compression, and last night it bit me AGAIN!!!

                , saw some guys using a B&S gas engined thingy at SpeedWeek,
but never had the chance to really look one over, somebody wanna give me a
pic or two of one, prefer several angles so's I can copy it easily. and at
the same time, saw a guy trying to start the starter, and having no luck for
several minutes, so
                maybe I should go with an electric starter, huh? 12v Mopar
starter and a good battery....? I  have a geared down B&S horizontal shaft
older engine, used for winding up /down a boat lift, so maybe I can use it,
I dunno, just no longer interested in jumping my bike with the odd chance of
wrecking my foot/leg/composure.

                signed Limpy Zuckerman

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..