Re: Full Flow Oil Filters

To: drmayf@teknett.com (DrMayf), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Full Flow Oil Filters
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:00:45 -0400 (EDT)
Mayf, I very carefully cut the metal canister near the mounting end, so
as to minimize particles from the cutting getting side to muddy the
waters.  The can then comes off, leaving the accordian-like filter paper
exposed.  I looked very carefully in the folds of the paper, with a 2X
shop lense(the kind you wear on your head) with an oblique light, to see
if any foreign matter was visible in the folds of the paper, the oil
flow being into the filter paper from the outside, thence into the
center.  As noted, there was virtually nada to be seen.

The Lincoln Mark VIII owners manual instructs changing the oil and
filter at six months intervals, and the electronics on the dash tell you
when it's time, and gradually increase the pressure of their squawking
until you do it!!

This Lincoln is without a doubt the best car I ever had, all the way
around, the all-aluminum 4 cam, 32 valve, 4.6 V8 is a powerhouse(a stock
one did 138 at Maxton a couple years ago) yet gives 25/6 mpg on 87 gas
on a trip. Handles very well, at the cost of a stiffer ride than a
Taurus.  And these cars are not valued highly in the markets, so you get
a lot of car for the money.  I highly recommend them to anybody!!  Bill