Fw: Cool Air and drag

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Cool Air and drag
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:01:18 -0500
Hey Skip
Knowing what happens to the power is part of the fun, whether it is salt
racing drag racing dirt racing or concrete corner turning.  I suspect all of
us slip some while pushing the soft stuff out from under our tires to reach
hard salt underneath.  Some slip more than others and the best setup is
usually found by trial and error. All I know is that with a relatively fixed
coefficient of friction the only way to increase the thrust of the tires is
to load them, either with ballast or wings where allowed. There's a lot of
lead under some of those cars on the salt.
Dave the Hayseed