Re: Just talked to Jay Leno !!!!

To: "Dana Goulston" <dana@goulston.net>,
Subject: Re: Just talked to Jay Leno !!!!
From: "Dave Seely" <dseely@sginet.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:58:53 -0600
I had the same experience at the Fathers day hot rod picnic put on by the LA
roadster club (?) or the Model A Club (?) a few years back.  He stopped by
and went over my car with a fine toothed comb and wanted to know what every
part came from (some 7 different cars, a couple airplanes and a boat).
Fortunately the original builder  (Mr. Darwin) was there and they struck up
a conversation and exchanged phone numbers.  It seems that Darwin has some
old parts that Jay needs for a restoration.  It took about two minutes to
totally forget that he was a celebrity, he was just a car guy with an
interesting evening job.  Kinda like a girl I knew once. (or maybe it was
twice?)
Dave Seely
1141 XF/VOT