RE: Fw: Motorcycle streamliners handling woes

To: <Ironwigwam2@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: Motorcycle streamliners handling woes
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:29:19 -0500
Rick:
A couple of the faster historic MC streamliners-- Vesco's "Silverbird", for
one-- had handling problems that sounded to me like something a road racer
would call not enough "turn-in" response.  As we know, too much trail can
cause that.  And we straight-line guys tend to like a lot of trail.  I am
investigating along that line (among others), as info becomes available.
Good luck with your upcoming runs at Maxton.
Russ