Re: Fw: Motorcycle streamliners handling woes

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Motorcycle streamliners handling woes
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:26:38 +1000
Bill mate
crickey  sport your 47 years trumps my 31 years ( though I have always had,
ridden and sometime raced a bike in each of those years )  in that time I've
owned and or ridden British, American, Italian, German , Japanese , sidecars
and a few odd bods ,even had a go of a feet forward sit in a seat type  thingy
called a Quasar don't know if you have ever seen or heard of this British
designed a manufactured oddity ,anyway I have never ridden or had a go in a MC
streamliner so I cannot claim any experience ,but I'm sure the Quasar would be
close ,well I spose that theory is spot on up to a point but experience is
required as well to make informed comments ,but Bill physics don't change and
what is true for a push bike is true for a streamliner or any single track
vehicle in between and I'm certain that any handling woes of streamliners is
almost entirely due to the lack of experience as in time spent learning to
ride it ( this is of great concern for me over here as we only have one meet
per year ) I can think of two examples where you can ride at a roll of 10 deg
no problems, on any curved road that requires an input of 10 deg  and to
counter balance a side wind  I have actually ridden for 100"s of miles banked
over to counteract side winds in the great Aussie desert  to maintain  balance
the C f G needs to be over the tyres contact patches .
This has been a very interesting thread as far as I'm concerned , next is a
sidecar more like a MC or more like a car or as I recon the best of both  does
a bloke have Three legs ? think about it.
Gary
    Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com