Re: Parachutes

To: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>, "DrMayf"
Subject: Re: Parachutes
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:36:48 -0700
In my humble opinion,  Parachutes are not, I repeat not, having a high rate
of failure on over 99% of our cars.
It is a problem for vehicles over 400 mph. Nolan is a supplier of safety
equitpment and I'm sure he has looked at everything possible since his
problem at August SpeedWeek.  This week was catastrophic for him and his
land speed attempts.  After his recovery I'm sure he will champion this
problem for the other "real" fast land speed vehicles. All of us at the
list should take a wait and see position,  instead of try to solve this type
a problem in this forum....J.D  ps.We can't change rules to rule out cockpit
problems with parachutes.