Flywheel Opinion Wanted

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Flywheel Opinion Wanted
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:25:30 -0700
List;
I am replacing clutch, TO bearing(hydraulic), etc. right now,
and wonder about the merits of replacing the flywheel also. I
have a billet alum. 11 lb flywheel on it now, developed for
SCCA's Corvette Challenge series of the late 80's, and
actually have been very happy with it. Obviously it builds
revs very quickly, and tends to make the engine more
responsive. However, since we are not really drag racing here
(yes, I know, some will argue we are) are there any merits in
going to a steel flywheel while I have it apart? All opinions
welcome.
Ed