RE: Flywheel Opinion Wanted

To: "'Ed Van Scoy'" <ed@vetteracing.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Flywheel Opinion Wanted
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:22:44 -0700
Might a heavier flywheel help with traction?  It does with dirt bikes.  I
think your engine is strong enough to pull a bit of 'wheel.

Dale C.

                Subject:        Flywheel Opinion Wanted

                List;
                I am replacing clutch, TO bearing(hydraulic), etc. right
now,
                and wonder about the merits of replacing the flywheel also.
                have a billet alum. 11 lb flywheel on it now, developed for
                SCCA's Corvette Challenge series of the late 80's, and
                actually have been very happy with it. Obviously it builds
                revs very quickly, and tends to make the engine more
                responsive. However, since we are not really drag racing
here
                (yes, I know, some will argue we are) are there any merits
in
                going to a steel flywheel while I have it apart? All
opinions
                welcome.
                Ed

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..