Re: Welding vs Brazing

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com, ardunbill@webtv.net, albaugh_neil@ti.com,
Subject: Re: Welding vs Brazing
From: Nt788@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:03:17 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2003 1:48:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
FastmetalBDF@aol.com writes:

<< Haven't we all seen plenty of brazed header to
 flange joints that failed on rods or race cars ...... just because it seemed
 easier than welding the different thicknesses together ? >>
If you don't normalize or heat treat a welded  4130 joint, isn't a "low temp"
nickel silver filet better? My tests show it is! Heli arc welders make
beautiful filets on 4130 but get imbrittlement!  Study crash results on
sprint car crashes 4130 vs mild steel! The kit fox kit plane, uses miged mild
steel. Drags need it we don't! JACK