Re: Re: home made wind tunnel

To: "dad land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: home made wind tunnel
From: <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:41:07 -0500
Dad, I used to fly gliders.  We used tuffs of yarn and oil & carbon
black mixture and put dots every where we were intrested in finding
out what the air was doing.  The oil left tracks in areas we couldn't
see in flight. The yarn tuffs had to be where we could see them or
photo them.  We were mostly intrested in finding where we had
seperations, leaks, and eddys that cause the turbulance and reversals
that you experienced with you oil leak..they create big drag buckets.

wmts