Re: home made wind tunnel

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: home made wind tunnel
From: "dad land" <eaglemot@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:02:03 -0500
very good point!what question?????.to let me see what the air is doing
around my bike/help improve my tuck/ and help me learn more than i know
now.........and the riding down the road thing has been discussed over the
last couple years between myself ,todd dross and paul batts. hell, they even
offered (at no extra cost to me! ) to get out on the road and one of they
would throw a gallon of paint on me/miss lucille while the other films
it.what a bunch of pals!but i declined that idea even though they offered me
my own choice of color!...............i'm building this tunnel as a learning
tool to help me take principles/advice and apply they to the vehicle and
measure an improvement or find i'm going down the wrong path or
whatever.now.i'm just an ol country boy sooo, if i can see what's going on
with the air in it(the windtunnel),it will give me a visual aide to
understanding it(the air) and to see what the dirty air is doing all around
me!and what changes i make helps or hurts!now this vehicle i ride is not an
applicante for flight i hope and i run unfaired so if nothing other than
helping me see myself on film and improve my tuck/footpeg mnts/hand /body
position..i'll consider it time well spent.most all materials i have been
given or traded for so my $$$$ investment in this project is low....i've
been working on cleaning her up but 2 things come to mind that made me
strart building.1:, is that i have a drain line on the bottom front off my
motor.on the last meet it developed a small spilt at the clamp.after the run
i had oil on the front upper part of the motor,forward of the leak and on
top of the front fender.....it blew up going in the opposite direction of
the air stream....ok/ why and what  can i do to correct it!2nd:i'm all into
trying to make hp but above.....pick a #.say 100mph....cleaning miss lucille
up any will help acheive more speed as much as if not alot more than a
couple more ponies.of course i'm not finished trying to make more poinies
but you see i'm sure!"the sledge hammer theory of aerodynamics"i read/study
and listen to all and try to understand and i truly appreciate all the help
and input.thank you.!!!! sorry for taking up your time but you ask a
reasonable question and you deserve an answer.............worst
case.......i'll know/understand  more than if i didn't even try! dad #566b

Lone Eagle Motor Co.
1610 A Sigman rd.
Conyers GA. 30012
770-760-9101