book reviews

To: "lsr" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: book reviews
From: "Paul Bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:21:34 -0000
I'm not quite sure how I can wittle down my list of favorite books, so I'll
offer up a variety of them (in no particular order)
"The City of God" by Saint Augustine, because it makes me think. If you're
familiar with it, no I haven't finished it(but I will)
"Let go of Fear" by Carlos G Valles. I still find it more than interesting,
and at times a comfort.
Anything by Joseph Heller but especially "Something Happened" just a plain
good read.
"The Choirboys" by Joseph Wambaugh, it made me laugh till I cried.
Anything by "BB" an English fieldsports/naturalist writer.
And I'd have to include some copies of "The Rodders Journal" and some of my
rather large collection of cookery books!
Cheers, Paul, in the UK where it's cold, wet and miserable.