Re: In Car Cameras

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: In Car Cameras
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:11:32 -0800
Jim,
Sorry, FD = Fire Department
I don't know the exact model, but what I saw looked like the Sony DCR
TRV50 MiniDV Handycam
displayed on the Sony web site. I'm sure it's an earlier model because
because they , Sacramento Urban
Search and Rescue, used them when they went to New York on 9-11. They
were new at that time.

Neil has pointed out the real problem - design. Commercial stuff hasn't
had a problem for years. (20+)
A crew making a program for ESPN put a camera on our car in 88 or 89
with no problem.
A small camera bolted to the roll bar with the recording deck, wrapped
with foam, tie wrapped
to the frame in the right front corner of the engine compartment. The
video was perfect.

Bryan