Re: Four-Valve Pentroof Chamber VS Two-Valve Hemi Ditto

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Four-Valve Pentroof Chamber VS Two-Valve Hemi Ditto
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:40:06 -0500
They are by far the best combustion chamber design short of a 5 valve with 3 int
2 exh.. Highest specific power output least trouble with detonation lightweight
valve gear that will go to 14k rpm without pneumatic valve gear. With it 18k rpm
is on the horizon.. a good 122 inch engine on gasoline will make 305 hp as a 4
cylinder 500 cc cylinders. At smaller displacements per cylinder 2.65 hp per
cubic inch N/A is an everyday job. They respond well to turbocharging and alky.
Nitro may not be as much of a help as it burns soooo slooooow.. I just finished
a 175 inch v-8 with twin KKK 27 turbos.. 830 hp at 8200 just breezing it at 18
lbs of boost and gasoline in endurance trim..another 1000 rpm and 10 lbs of
boost and over 1000 hp is a no brainer.. Cosworth has some 1.5L (91.5 cuin)
engines that will go over 1500 hp on alky..And this is old tech stuff. An old
Cosworth indy engine at 2.65 liter (165.6 cuin)and alky will go to 850 hp with 6
or 7 lbs of boost.. So is it better than a hemi.. ought to be obvious..
Dave