RE: FIA List - needs updating

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FIA List - needs updating
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:35:32 -0500
Glen:
in my personal opinion, the BNI certificate is the one that should become
the most meaningful, the most desirable-- as it is issued by the body with
the most experience, the most expertise, and the most credibility in LSR.

How long has it been since FIA even timed an American LSR event with their
own clocks?  Why should BNI/ SCTA people do all the work--provide all the
technical expertise and management, and absorb all the stress of hosting the
competition-- and FIA get all the credit and control of record recognition?
And we pay them for the privilege? That sucks.  We've been continuing to act
like "colonists", still trying to "buy our way" into the European elitisms.

It is high time that SCTA started "feeling their manhood" and taking the
attitude that...

        THERE ARE NO WORLD LANDSPEED RECORDS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THOSE IN THE
BNI/SCTA BOOKS.
Russ,
#1226B
("politically incorrect", as usual)