Re: seat padding

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: seat padding
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:19:29 -0700
Dave and all,
     One of the other inspectors will probably tell me I'm wrong but the
intent of the rule is to ensure that compressing of the foam from G forces
in an accident will not result in loose belts. Thicker padding at thighs and
lower back should not be a problem as long as it is not excessive in the
butt, hip and shoulder areas where the belt tension is reacted against.
Jim in Palmdale

> The 1" foam rule seems a little odd in that in 1" it seems pretty hard to
get it
> to contour to the back correctly. I would think the real issue is , is it
high
> density foam or something from a housewares section of a department store.
Seats