Re: seat padding

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: seat padding
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:54:25 -0400
Gen you are YELLING I am not hard of hearing nor stupid.. Are you refering to
the guy that got hurt from having a stock seat in an old car if so how in th
world could that ever pass tech? Yes people do change drivers at Bonneville all
the time, been there done that and they go from tall and thin to short and
stout. Same as in any other kind of racing. At times I am really impressed by
the professionalism in BNI/LSR racing and at other times it is though everyone
acts like they are sheparding a pack of idiots who are bent on hurting
themselves.. You may want to look at properly done seat sometime they are not
what you imagine I would expect. They are all about back support in case of a
crash. I would really doubt if 1 inch of rollbar padding would support a lower
back at a several g crash. A well done seat is molded to the driver on one side
and a standard seat frame on the other and are impossible to get loose if the
driver is strapped in.

Oh well back to work with my hearing protection on. I will try to remember not
to hold the pointy end of the screwdriver as well...
Dave