Re: engine oil and coolant temps

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>,
Subject: Re: engine oil and coolant temps
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:23:57 -0500
Tom... I've got both probe type heating elements and a set of blankets
around the Drysump tank... and it works okay...  I can heat the oil to
whatever temp you want...   The oil on the outside getting hot does transfer
ineffectively to the oil in the tank... just not super effeicient.... but in
our world where time isn't a factor... it works just fine... it takes about
20 minutes to get the oil up to 180 degrees with 3 probes and 2 blankets.

Kinda following everyone's advice and what Nascar does.... I only preheat it
before I start it for the first time of the day.

Keith