Re: Quick Data Connectors

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quick Data Connectors
From: Nigel Shaw <lft@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 08:59:29 +1200
Keith,
            I assume your soldering the thermocouple connections, not the
conditioned 0-10v signal going to the data logger. You might want to check
the calibration once your done. By nature of how they work, ie by heating a
junction of dissimilar metals, you have just introduced another dissimilar
junction into the circuit which can throw it off. That is why there are
specific connectors for thermocouples. These generally have screw terminals
for this reason.

Nigel....Down in NZ where it's definitely getting cooler but the thought of
makin to the 'great white dyno' in August is keeping me warm