RE: Water injection - stuff

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Water injection - stuff
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:38:33 -0500
Neil:
yes, that's the one.  A beauty, isn't it?  There were several late-war
German designs that used liquid-cooled V-engines with round radiators--
looking like very slim radials.  Principal:  "put the air inlet at the point
of greatest aerodynamic pressure".  Performance figures seem to bear it out.
(Kurt Tank was surely an aviation genious on the order of Kelly Johnson.)

Wouldn't it be neat to see one of those (nitrous) engines in an LSR car?  Or
a RR Merlin (or Griffon), or one of the big sleeve-valve things that the
Typhoons and Tempests used?  I'm sorry I missed the era of the aero-engined
lsr cars.

Yeah, Gary, I know you guys have a nice one in Australia (Woomera, is
it--??)-- but it never seems to run.  (Not enough money in lsr to support
these beasties, I think.)  If it ever does run, I'd like to get the
opportunity to be there.
Russ, #1226B