RE: Die grinders

To: "'Doug Anderson'" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Die grinders
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:24:25 -0500
Doug;

I guess I haven't been doing as much heavy-duty grinding as you have or else
the old ones were a bit more rugged.

BTW, the one thing that almost always fails on my electric tools is the
darned speed control! Manufacturers use the lowest power SCRs that they can
get away with and eventually they fail. It's crazy; for a dime more-- at the
most-- they could put in a bigger SCR that would be able to handle the
stalled-motor current and live forever. I also use that speed control box
for some hand drills that fried their internal speed controls.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ