Re: tire test

To: Rex Svoboda <svoboda@marsweb.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire test
From: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:28:11 -0500
Rex,
I may be a little slow on the uptake but.....what is the value of an
"unloaded" spin test? We don't run cars "unloaded" do we? .....I keep
thinking about the shape of a dragster tire at 300+ and the distortion
caused by power application and weight.....
So what happens to your tire at 300 with 1000 lbs on it and a traction
coefficient of .6 applying 600 HP to a flat surface? Is there a factor that
can be applied?
Skip