Re: another reason to go to speedweek

To: jkamo@rap.midco.net
Subject: Re: another reason to go to speedweek
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:02:03 +1000
Joe wrote

>Gary, dont be sorry to me,  as I hear ya loud and clear,
>possibly NO ONE has complained more vigorously about the partial
>streamlined classes,  its just not going to happen very soon as far as
>changes,
>Henry Louie, one of the most veteran Bonn. bike guys, AND one of the
>tech committee guys encouraged me to speak with last years bike tech
>chairman about my concerns with getting some changes made,  as even
>Henry cannot get change instituted timely either,  so I talked with Dale,
>and he basically assured me that they would be changing the rear height
>rule,  but low and behold the rule book comes out, no rear change, and they
>made big changes to wheelbase and seat height, neither of these changes
>were discussed at the bike rules meeting at speedweek
>
>and so it goes....
>
>believe me I am with you on your take of the bike speed situation, your
>(were)
>just not going to get the rules changed as we might like real fast,  so go
>full streamlined or run FIM
>
>Note I respect SCTA for their concerns, they are only looking out for
>our safety,  something that the FIM is not,  so ya gotta make your choices
>
>Joe

Hey Joe mate
Just on me soap box again   anyway I gotta say that Im full of ( sh*t ) NO
admiration and have a lot of respect for you and the other guys that have
put the time and effort into getting big numbers  especially guys like you
who have struggled ( as in no big $$ or sponsers ) and still persisted  '
well I have not run a bike in anger at the salt yet,though with luck ,will
have two for next march and if and when I can equal or better you guys I
will push again for change  cricky you guys over there just keep raising the
bar  anyway all the best for speed week  :)