Re: another reason to go to speedweek

To: gary baker <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: another reason to go to speedweek
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:39:51 -0400
Could always run a Motec ECU instead of the Accel unit on the bike and program
boost vs. gear and rpm in the boost limit table so you can actually control
torque at the rear wheel..you can also control boost vs tps as well.. No
traction control used, only sensible torque limiting. Uses no wheel speeds and
measures no slip either.. With a proper dyno sheet you can add boost as you go
up in gears and take away multiplication so the wheel never slips because you
have not tried to overpower the track.. You could also data log slip which is
entirely legal as far as I know and reprogram the boost limit table as required
if you encounter too much slip or if you are completely hooked up add some..
Dave