Re: Eating the Elephant (or Wooly Mammoth)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eating the Elephant (or Wooly Mammoth)
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:02:01 -0700 (PDT)
"Once the system is defined and a path to success is
clearly outlined, then eat the elepant one bite at a
time."

Great advice, Mayf. Advice that I subscribe to. A
systems approach takes many forms. Yours is a
scientific/engineering approach correctly employed
where a successful path to success is easier to
define. Many of us LSR types are visual thinkers and
as such, formulate much of the systems portion in our
minds. Not often do these systems flow to paper. The
path to success part is where we frequently make
mistakes. That path usually involves a good deal of
trial and error but eventually brings us to a
successful conclusion (whether or not the path was
correctly chosen. Of course, one is always free to
choose another path). Unfortunately, this approach
demands that you eat one bite of the elephant at a
time while working through a path to success.

John