RE: Tool Box Protection

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: RE: Tool Box Protection
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:05:07 -0700
FYI:
Camphor is a colorless or a white crystal granule or cake
product obtained from the wood of the camphor tree. It may
also be synthetically derived. Some products such as lotions,
astringents, and moth repellents still contain camphor as an
active ingredient. In 1980, the Food and Drug Administration
set a limit of 11% allowable camphor in consumer products and
totally banned products labeled as camphorated oil, camphor
oil, camphor liniment, and camphorated liniment.

Camphor, readily absorbed through the skin, produces the
sensation of warmth and slight local anesthesia. Camphor
poisoning produces seizures and may be preceded by mental
confusion, irritability, neuromuscular hyperactivity, and
jerky movements of the extremities. Camphor poisoning from
household products may occur following oral ingestion.
Symptoms occur five to ninety minutes following ingestion.
Ed