RE: Wicked screensaver - Warning - virus carrier - the other

To: "Chris R Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>,
Subject: RE: Wicked screensaver - Warning - virus carrier - the other
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 14:56:49 -0400
Chris,

I apologize - re-reading this sounds very accusatory, and that is not what I
meant.  This virus, when infecting a system, searches for an email address
list and the mails itself to everyone on the list using addresses found in the
list as the 'from' address.  Therefore, your system is probably not infected
and I regret my intimation of same.  Please accept my apology (I've been
dealing with, like others on this list, hundreds of these messages daily, and
dashed off a quick note to the list without correctly engaging my brain.)

Someone out there somewhere, who has your address, and the list address, in
their address directory is infected, and their computer is sending email with
you (and everyone else on that particular list) as 'from' addresses.

Here is the email as it appeared on the LSR list.