RE: Wicked screensaver - Warning - virus carrier - the other

To: "'Chris R Harris'" <yesford@clear.net.nz>,
Subject: RE: Wicked screensaver - Warning - virus carrier - the other
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:34:59 -0500
Chris;

Not to worry... it happens to me sometimes, too. Our TI firewall has all the
latest anti-virus screens but now and then I get an "undeliverable" e-mail
notice that something I sent out had a virus that was quarantined or that
the recipient was unknown. Of course, I didn't send that e-mail; I never
even heard of the addressee.

My guess as to what's happening is that our e-mail addresses are being
co-opted and used as spam virus return addresses. It does not mean that the
virus actually originated from who is listed as the sender.

Perhaps someone else has more/better info on this.

Regards, Neil