rws

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: rws
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:28:38 -0500
OK seems Mayf says the inputs from the driver are one cause of instability,
due to PIO (pilot induced oscillation) but he does not say that the car is
unstable. maybe power assisted steering IS what is needed, one that slows
down (variable power steering) . ((hey I'm stretching here, I admit) and I
then get, from the Whitehead paper, maybe fly by wire. so what would the
tech guys think of NO direct steering inputs? but through a "black box"?
more of the drive 35-45-65-75 + testing for much of a meet until it was
clear A) it didn't work, B) it did....?

           John Robinson