Re: V-Max and other odd motors

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: V-Max and other odd motors
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonw@up.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:07:57 -0400
I've got one of 'em out in the warehouse.  It's the motor end of a
chainsaw -- still runs, even though it's a late 40's-early 50's unit.
The cutter bar is 36" long - damn, will it go through lots of wood!

Two cylinder, rated at 9hp.  I used to want to adapt it to my go kart
-- but the engine has an integral expanding  clutch system that would
have taken more fabricating to use than I could have dealt with -- as a
10-year old kid.  The saw portion of the unit is a Disston, by the way.

Jon